You are looking at a 2015 Gibson SG Brian Ray Signature ’63 Historic reissue with a Silver Fox finish, bound rosewood fretboard and stop-tail! Only 100 of these guitars were produced… and this is # 87 of the run. You may notice that most of these have a Bigsby. If you’re like most guitarists, we prefer a stop-tail for more tuning stability. Well this one is the stop-tail version! This is a very cool piece here, with a great action and the tone is fantastic! The original bridge pickup has been replaced with an Arcane uncovered humbucker. She’s otherwise all original and ready to rock the house down!
- Model: SG Brian Ray Signature ’63 Historic Reissue
- Color: Silver Fox, nitro VOS
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: ’60 slim taper, 1st fret .875”, 12th fret .933″
- Fretboard: Indian rosewood with aged cream binding
- Fretboard Radius: 12″
- Fret Inlays: Trapezoid
- Scale Length: 24-3/4″
- Hardware: Nickel
- Headstock Veneer: Holly
- Pickups: Burstbucker #1 (neck), Arcane humucker (bridge)
- Bridge: ABR-1 with stop bar
- Tuners: Vintage deluxe tulip
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way toggle switch
- Pick-guard: White, vintage style, “Brian Ray ’63 SG” plaque between neck and neck pickup
- Knobs: Black top-hats with silver inserts
- Truss Rod Cover: White
- Weight: 6.7 LBS.
- Serial # BR 087
The was born on October 28th, 2015 and has been babied. The guitar is in excellent condition with only a couple of pin-head surface impressions, some light surface scratches, and a scuff on the tip of the headstock. Also included is the original Gibson hard shell case and the case candy, and special Brian Ray Silver Fox certificate, just as shown in the last picture! Whoever brings this baby home is gonna be STOKED!!